Saturday, July 6, 2013

A Place Like This



"For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst." Luke 17:21 NASB

I'm writing this in Michigan's upper peninsula where the scenery is beautiful and life is quite simple and pleasant. I'm thinking that everyone needs a place like this to come to and be refreshed. How I wish I could look at these views, hear the sound of the birds and waterfalls, and breathe the fresh, clean air every day. Although I can take pictures and record sounds, it's not quite the same as being here. When I leave this place the air leaves my lungs and what I now see and hear becomes a memory.

I decide to take this place with me. Yes, I believe I can capture this place and bring it home by carrying it in my heart. This place can come home with me to "my place" as long as I hold it in my heart. So it is with all of God's creation and with His Kingdom as well. We never need to leave the goodness and beauty of God, it remains within us as we remain in Him.

July 6, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment