"Those who have insight will shine brightly like the brightness of the expanse of heaven"
One of our greatest pursuits as Christians should be to walk in the light, or to live our lives with understanding of the truth of God's ways.
From Daniel 9 we learn the following:
- Daniel found the prophecy which said that after seventy years God's people would be freed from exile.
- Daniel sought the Lord regarding this prophecy in prayer, fasting, humility and repentance.
- He asked the Lord for forgiveness and action.
- The Lord sent Gabriel to bring instruction and insight with understanding.
I think we sometimes look for God to do something in answer to our prayers, but we miss the answer because we don't value the instruction and insight He brings in response to our prayers. We think He didn't answer because it looks like nothing changed. However, God sends insight and understanding of His ways and His timeline so we can get in on the freedom He wants us to live in. We must be careful not to quickly toss aside the illumination from His Word or from His messengers. This is our answer!
- As Daniel found hope and promise from the Word of God, so must we.
- As he sought the Lord in humility, fasting and repentance, aligning himself with the Word, so must we.
- As he asked the Lord for forgiveness and action, so must we.
- As the Lord sends light, truth, understanding and instruction concerning His ways and His times, we must embrace this response.
John 11:9; 2 Corinthians 4:4-6; 2 Thessalonians 2; 1 John 1:5-10