Friday, June 6, 2014

Reflections

"For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face;
now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known." 
1 Corinthians 13:12



In my quest for truth I got sidetracked, by looking for perfection.
When on perfection's path you'll see, much evidence of frustration.
The calmer my mind and heart might be, the clearer I see reality.

While man looks for satisfaction from achievement,
God says be at peace.

While man compares and competes,
God says be creative.

While man looks for better than,
God says choose good.

While man looks for good,
God says choose life.

While man looks to please,
God says to love.

When man admits failure,
God says to hope.

While man looks for pleasure,
God says a clear conscious is full of joy.

While man uses driving force,
God says have determined faith.

While man justifies and becomes proud,
God says to soul-search and repent.

When man says, I want,
God says to thank.

While man says God what can You do for me?
God's man says, What can I do for You?

When man says I can't,
God says in Me you can.


No comments:

Post a Comment