Sunday, October 25, 2015

Consistently Christian


Who am I? I am one who believes that Jesus is the Christ--the Savior who came from God in heaven to die for the sins of mankind. I believe He spoke the truth, and my faith in Him justifies me in the sight of God so I will not have to suffer the consequences of my sin. He purchased me with His own blood, imparting eternal life to my spirit even before my physical death.

As a Christian, I follow Jesus--strengthened by His Holy Spirit who He imparts to those who ask. I take up my cross and die daily to follow Him. Which means that I don't pick and choose when I want to "be" Christian and when I don't want to be Christian. I don't decide on Sunday morning that I'm a Christian so I go to church, but then on Tuesday I'm ashamed to admit I know Him.

To be a Christian means I am consistently Christian. When it's easy and when it's hard. When it's popular, and when it's not. When it pays off and when it costs me something. This is who I am, not a garment I take on and off. In this day and age we have American schoolteachers who are teaching our very young children that they can choose to be a boy or a girl. So it's no wonder people think Christianity is something that can also be worn or discarded. This idea will only get worse if we don't stop the madness and speak the truth without apology. We must not allow our children to be indoctrinated with these lies.

I am a Christian--all the time. I seek to become more like Jesus today than I was yesterday. If I am not consistently Christian then I doubt if I am a Christian at all. How can I be a true Christian if I am not always Christian? I cannot, anymore than I can choose to be a part-time male or part-time female.

If you are a Christian, please stand up in this kind of committed consistency so our children can find stability somewhere in this chaotic society.

1 John 5:1-4; 1 John 2:1-2; Romans 5:1; Acts 20:28; Luke 11:13; Luke 9:23; Proverbs 23:23; 1 Peter 2:20; 2 Corinthians 3:18


No comments:

Post a Comment