Saturday, January 6, 2024

The Power, The Resolve, The Plan


On December 27, 2023 in the early morning, a very intense presence of the Lord came over me and I felt surrounded by a revelation of His heart. It was a very sweet presence of the Lord that began to grow. It grew stronger and stronger to where it captured my entire attention and overwhelmed me. Then I sensed that it was His power. His presence grew into His power. His presence brought His power, in fact His presence actually IS His power. You can't have His power without His presence (and why would you want to!)

It was sobering to realize that this power I was feeling, His power, could do anything. Then He revealed to me that this was power to protect and to restore. I basked in that for a few minutes. It was comforting. As I thought about this later on, I was reminded of the Scripture which says that the power of the Lord was present to perform healing (Luke 5:17) and I realized that His presence IS the power to heal.

Then I felt His resolve- His determination to do something (with His power). Still aware of the fact that His power could do anything, and thankful that His power was here to protect and restore, it was like a sudden burst of joy when I realized He had a plan. It's hard to describe the relief I felt knowing that He had a plan, and even more so when I put it all together and realized He was showing me He had a plan to protect and restore. 


I know it sounds simple, but I was fully aware of the fact that without His plan we would be completely without hope, not just in our individual lives but in our nation, and even in the earth. So when He revealed this "simple" thing to me, I was extremely thankful toward Him. Yet I felt that I should pray, ask Him something--to do something. He was showing me this for a reason.

So I asked Him to reveal His plan, and I felt that He would reveal parts of it as it applied to certain people. In other words, on a "need to know" basis. It wouldn't be one huge plan openly revealed to all, but whatever part a person had in His plan would be revealed to them. This goes along with a dream I had recently regarding a mosaic—which is made up of many small parts that come together to make a whole picture. This mosaic would be a more complete revelation of Him, and His good plans for us.

But more importantly than asking Him to reveal the plan, I sensed He wanted me to ask Him to implement His plan. And I did (also asking that He preserve what can be preserved as He has often led me to pray lately. See prior posts about this here and here).


As long as we are here on earth, and He is revealing the part of His plan to us that we are to play, then the time for that plan is now! So as He instructed, I asked Him to implement His plan. I knew I could trust Him to implement it, even without fully knowing the details of what it was. 

I saw that this plan was a gathering of His words, thoughts, and intentions. When I heard "intentions" I was reminded that right before this encounter I heard Jeremiah 29:11: 


"'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.'"


I began to thank Him repeatedly for His good plans and intentions for us which completely overwhelmed me as I felt His heart. The whole time I was overcome with Him and His presence.

As I meditated on this, the Holy Spirit also led me to:


Ecclesiastes 3:11 showing me that He has set eternity in our heart in such a way that each of our lifetimes are for us to rise up and take our part in His overall plan for mankind. We don't see it all at once like He does, yet we each have a part and a place.


Jeremiah 33:3 where He says to call on Him and He'll answer and tell us great and mighty things which we do not know. We can know our part and place in His plan. Call on Him and ask!


Isaiah 55:8 His thoughts are not ours and our ways are not His, but as He reveals His thoughts and ways to us, we can submit our thoughts and paths to His.

This encounter ended with the thought that NOW is the time, and NOW is the plan that will display the works of God.

Be encouraged that God has a plan and He has both the power and the will (resolve) to implement that plan! He has not abandoned us or left us alone. His intentions are to protect and restore. You can trust Him. Ask Him to implement His plan and reveal your part in it to you!




No comments:

Post a Comment