Sunday, April 7, 2024

God, Look at Me!

 



God, I don’t ever want to lose a sense of awe in You.

You in me is

Indescribable.

 

What does it mean to be the temple of God?
To be His dwelling place?
To be the place where He rests?

You don’t need safety or protection.

For You are all-powerful.

You don’t need provision.

For You are the Creator of all things.

There’s nothing You need that I can give You.

 

Except

 

Something to look at

That’s not opposing You,

That welcomes You.

 

Look at me!

 

I welcome Your gaze.

Even though it reveals

Your holiness.

Hold me in Your gaze

Because when You look at me

And I look at You looking at me

I see.

You know. You know me.

And I see

Things as they really are.

 

Your gaze cleanses me.

So I don’t resist Your Light.

I want You to see it—all of it.

Because when You gaze at me,

You take away what’s dark

And fill me with You.



******* 

Isaiah 66:1-2
2 Chronicles 16:9
Genesis 3:10
1 John 1:7
Psalm 139:23-24


No comments:

Post a Comment